Bloody Mary Cocktail Recipe
As promised in celebration of the Annual National Bloody Mary Day we decided we needed to share our recipe for all to enjoy so here you are!
1 Gallon Pitcher
1/2 Gallon Tomato Juice
2 Limes, juiced
1 Lime, Sliced
1-3 Tablespoons Horseradish (Add to taste)
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 Teaspoon Celery Salt
1 Tablespoon Salt
1/2- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
1/2 Tablespoon Onion Powder
1 – 2 Teaspoons Crushed Garlic
1-2 Teaspoons of your Favorite Hot Sauce ( Add to taste, I personally like Chlula)
Vodka of choice
Additional Items Needed:
Garnish of choice
Margarita Salt (optional)
Glasses (Not plastic cups if you want to do a salt rim)
Fully load your drink or keep it simple either way it is a refreshing addition to brunch, afternoon or evening cocktails. I have had all of these items garnish my Bloody Mary at some point and found them all to be a nice addition. Choose from Celery Sticks, Cocktail Shrimp, Bacon, Large Stuffed Green Olives, Cocktail Onions, Lemon Slices, Lime Slices, Pepperoncini Peppers, Pickled Asparagus, Hamburger Sliders, Salt Rim or a Spiced Salt Rim Mix (recipe to follow). Depending upon who is making it it might even be your meal!
If you are throwing a party make up a Bloody Mary Bar for all of your guests where they can pick and choose what goes in their party refreshment. Here is a great blog post on how to do your own Bloody Mary Bar so check it out then call up your friends to try it out!
- Mix all of the ingredients together EXCEPT the Vodka and chill at least 1-2 hours so all of deliciousness can combine.
- While you wait prep your salt for the rim of your glasses. I find a small flat plate and pour approximately 1/2 c. of Salt or Spiced Salt on to the plate. Yep it’s that simple.
- For a Salted Rim you will take a piece of lime and rub it around the rim on the outside and slightly inside to moisten with juice.
- Take the glass and dip is straight down into the salt.
- Add ice to the top of the glass.
- Add 1-2 shots of Vodka (per taste)
- Fill remaining with Bloody Mary Mix
And there you have it! There are hundreds, if not, thousands of recipes for this famous cocktail so we hope you like ours.